Monday, July 27, 2009

Sleepless in Calgary!

I have moved from Karachi, Pakistan to Angola, IN (Nov 92) to Syracuse, IN (Mar 98) to Johnson City, TN (Feb 03) to Toronto, ON (Jun 07) to Calgary, AB (Jan 08), different countries, cities, jobs, switched industries, had loved ones pass away but after a short adjustment time and most of the time not even that, I have always returned to sleeping like a log for 8-9 hours a night. At least for more than three decades that was the case. In the last few months, for some reason, I have been waking up in the middle of the night and then just tossing and turning. Very unusual for me. So I have been reading books. One is The Night's Dawn Trilogy, by Peter F. Hamilton. It's set in AD 2600, with hundreds of colonized planets scattered across the galaxy. The other Robert Ludulum's spy novels. They are mostly set in the cold war era. And travel magazines, they help me learn about the immense diversity in the world but also the ultimate unity, the common threads that bind us all.

I have made some lifestyle changes recently for the better. My diet has never been this healthy. I have been lazy about practicing yoga in the last few weeks. I need to start that back up again. That will definitely help with the stress caused by what seems like a very very early mid life crisis :)






No comments:

Post a Comment